November 26, 2008

I am a Teacher

I am a teacher. I am a son. I am a husband, a brother, an uncle, a friend… I am also a citizen of Bhutan.

And I pay my taxes on time. I serve my institution, my King, and my country to the best of my ability. I am young, only 28 and I do have my vices.


One such is drinking. I drink. Yes, I do, and whatever the society says about a Teacher drinking, I don’t give a sh!t. I will drink.

My drinking and teaching are totally two different dimensions of my life. They are the two faces of my coin. After a hard day’s shouting in the class, standing in the class, keeping my patience in full swing and attending to the many un-teacherly duties enforced upon us… I want to relax with a glass of drink in my hand.

What’s wrong with this picture? NOTHING!

I am not a God. I am a man. And I will not give up my few vices that I have just for the sake of ‘images’ that needs to be maintained just because society deems it appropriate.


No comments: