July 20, 2008

Sunday Morning Blues

Sundays spell an escape from the daily routine; escape from my job, colleagues, customers, office; in general, Sunday denotes ESCAPE into boredom. 

Every Monday I wait patiently for Sundays to come, as Sunday promises a full holiday. I wait for it in the office, at home, at work, wanting Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays to go by quickly. Come Saturday and my Sunday draws closer so I am a bit calm. 


Come Sunday and my excitement only lasts for the morning. I don’t have to wake up at 6:30 AM in preparation for my work so I can sleep a bit late. That is the only comfort. As the hands of the clock points to 10:00 AM, my mind is already wishing for Monday to come at least at the office there is no boredom. 

How I spend my Sundays? Washing is already done on Friday, house cleaning on Saturday, watching TV during daytime is a bore, roaming in the glaring sun is boring so how to speed up the time during Sundays? That’s why Sunday morning is always a false promise for fun and excitement. Sunday is a bore an expected BORE.

No comments: