February 22, 2021

And I stayed with Android

I have always been fascinated with smartphones. And while its uses were limited to me when I was a teacher, I made better use when I was working in an office in Thimphu. But now that I am a student, wearing lots of hats, it is imperative that I have a strong, fast and efficient smartphone.

In one of my earlier post, I was contemplating the newest entrants in the smartphone market; the giants from Apple, and the Android equivalent from Samsung. I asked "Should I Switch from Android to Apple?"

But even as I thought loud and clear, reading reviews, watching comparisons, and expert's opinions, I was pulled back to my earlier brand Samsung. So instead of the obvious iPhone 12 Pro Max as my friends suggested, I reverted back to Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra as my weapon of choice. 

Both the phones have awesome specifications to boast being the flagships of ts generation. The physical camera and the accompanying softwares are a photographer's delight, while the battery, memory and screen sizes are a total over the roof.

And amongst many, the following two are the reasons why I choose to go with Android over Apple. 


1. A Back Button

A dedicated back button is the nightmare I come across, while navigating any Apple smartphone. Its absence creates a void, slowing the user and having to take some extra steps in the process.


2. Customization, widgets and skins

Androids allow customizations on levels that are are unable to comprehend. For me, I have always had various apps installed, some not even from Google Play Store. The range of widgets, skins  and themes to customize is also a wonder.

But I should point out that Samsung's new camera alignment style unarguably beautiful, especially in the matt black version.

The Camera setting is eye-catching

Here are also some other reasons why Android fares better over Apple in my opinion.


3. Operating System

I will always prefer an Android phone over iOS anyday, mainly due to its Android system. This operating system has come a long way, with various innovations and firsts in the smartphones category. And ofcourse, Samsung was not only the forthrunner in this. Google has its own Pixles, while OnePlus is not too far behind. Oppo and Motorola are also joining the top competitors for the best devices. All of these are run with Android engines.


4. Many more hardware options.

Besides Samsung, many other brands offer a variety of choice in astonishing hardwares and styles. Not only the brick, but the folding, some with rugged body,while others with ridiculous cameras. And there are even some smartphones targeted towards the gamers.


5. Writing with an S Pen.

The Galaxy S21 Ultra supports S-Pen, a first among the smartphones (besides the Note series). This certainly makes taking notes and editing on the smartphone a tad easier and faster. The S Pen also supports various other features that would put Apple to shame.


Of course, the Samsung Galaxy S21 series doesn't come with earphones nor with charging bricks. You have to buy them differently. So in the end, I was able to pair them with the Galaxy Buds Pro. Now I am just waiting for the S Pen Pro and Watch 4 to add to my ecosystem.


The entire set. Hidden behind is a wireless charger gratis from Samsung.


Galaxy Buds Pro. Everyone asks why purple? I answer why not?

Photographed using my earlier Samsung Galaxy S9+

No comments: