January 17, 2021

Should I Switch from Android to Apple?

Apple vs Android. Or should I say Apple vs Samsung? Looking at the iPhone 12 that was launched recently, I am excited. 

I am not usually excited by Apple products, because there are always some other competitive products from other brands. But this 12 got me exploring Apple, and the more I looked, the more I liked.

I have been an android fan even since I came across it in 2008. I read about it in a Digit (tech magazine) issue and was fazed. I like the promises it made and have kept since.

Earlier I was a windows-phone user, mostly using Nokia and Motorola smartphones. I switched to Samsung as a full-on brand sometime in late 2015. And I have been progressing up the A series to S series and lately even eyeing the Notes. I am fascinated with the user experience and compatibility of the Android applications.

But lately, the iPhone 12 has been beckoning me towards apple. Truth be told, even the iPhone 11 wasn’t such an attraction for me. I was content with the trusty Samsung S8 and S9+ that I own and use. They are good for content creation for social media, but the iPhone 12 seems to offer more. Earlier I was even inclined towards the other Samsung Galaxy Note and S-series. 

But just a few days ago, Samsung unveiled their S21 lineup. And the design is amazing, a serious competition to Apple's iPhone 12. The specifications are simply 'wow', while the colors are also attractive. And since I am into content creation (abit not uploaded as much as I would like to) and not much of a gamer, I may look more into camera modules and using editing apps.

[The latest flagships from Samsung and Apple]

So now comes in the dilemma. Should I migrate to Apple (and iOS) or remain with Android (and technically Samsung)? If you say 'user preference', then tell me why you prefer over the other.

No comments: