August 27, 2008

The Week-End

We had a small football match last Saturday which we played in the evening. After the match we went to drink the bet-beer and I reached home late and drunk. No dinner.

The local health workers had organized a small community cleaning campaign the next day, with special emphasis given to cleaning the local lhakhang area. Since I had been a boy-scout in my student-days I had volunteered. Who knew, I might also meet Mrs. Spygun there.

The next day I woke up around 8:30 am. The activity was supposed to start at nine. I contemplated not going but I didnt want to go back on my word. I took a hurried coffee to subdue the throbbing in my head, and ran to the starting area. Almost all the volunteers had arrived, around 200, including some students from the local HSS. The work was fun, and I met and made some new friends. The activity took some five straight hours.

At around 2:30 pm, the work over, some of us headed over to the local pub for some much needed refreshments in the form of beer, not the juice they served at work. After indulging in some bottles we dispersed to our homes. I reached mine in a state of grogginess and passed out on the sofa.

I was awoken by the mosquitoes draining my blood. As I looked at the watch on my wristthere was no watch. I stood up and looked at the wall clock. It was 7:20 pm. My head splitting and my throat parched and burning I went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge. There was a pepsi-bottle of water which I grabbed and took a swig.

Ahh! It was Ara. I checked for any water-bottles. None. But I could see some beer bottles beckoning to me from the back of the cooler. Fighting the urge I went to the tap and took a long drink of sweet nectar. I went to the cabinet and rummaged among the drawers for some paracetamols. I took two and lay down on the bed. Soon I was out.

Again I woke up in the middle of the night. I didnt know why. I looked at the time. It was 2:30 am. Then I realized that I was hungry. I went to the kitchen, and looked for something to eat. There were unwashed plates and dishes in the sink. I opened the rice-cooker. Empty and unwashed. Curry-cooker. Same. I checked for anything edible in the fridge. Carrots. I took a bite of one. It was cold. I checked the shopping basket and found a packet of mayos.

I had cooked mayos in the middle of the night.

Monday, I stayed leave to do some house cleaning.

1. Dont drink too much!
2. Finding Mrs. Spygun isnt easy.
3. Dont keep Ara in the fridge.
4. Keep some more mayos in the basket.

5. Clean the house regularly.