April 20, 2020

Coronavirus Response by Bhutanese in Melbourne

Yet another Sunday pass on. And I am readying for tomorrow's online class. My laptop, the Uni Diary, and a notebook completes my gear. I am gonna do some online reading so that I am ready with questions for my professor. I do wanna earn some good grades and be eligible for some scholarships. For these are indeed dire times for us. Every news channel and every conversation dwell around coronavirus. I think it has become the new norm for us all. I no longer fear it.

It is what it is.

And lately our WeChat group for Bhutanese in Melbourne has been chatting abuzz with updates regarding Druk Melbourne Association (DMA) and their formation of Covid-19 Response Task Force. We have contributed a modest sum for a central fund, with the expectation to provide assistance to any Bhutanese in Melbourne who might get in contact with Coronavirus. This is a good initiative from the Executive Committee and the President, and me likes it. I am only apprehensive of the various technical terms of office that makes everything sound so official. And anything that starts to sound too official invites bureaucracy.

But it is what it is.

I as a newbie here know only 14 Bhutanese, while there were almost 120 families contributing to the fund. It is interesting to note that some had given their addresses in the same suburb as mine, and havent met them. Yet. Small world huh!
But if the time comes, I will definitely provide my voluntary assistance to any Bhutanese affected by Coronavirus. I may not have the money but I do have my heart of a volunteer. I will volunteer.
Meanwhile I will keep on attending my online classes, doing my assignments, and keeping abreast of news.

...

And as part of my course, I am also undertaking a small project to provide menstrual care to International students affected by Coronavirus Lockdown. This is the link for the Situational Analysis.

Ready for the class, with a laptop and a notebook.

No comments: