January 6, 2010

Trucker's Wisdom

Once I was at a road block above Deothang where road-widening is taking place. I was late by 45 minutes so I had to wait for the next opening. Many vehicles were already lined up, including some Gypsum trucks. Some truckers were talking to while away the long wait. I went and joined their circle… listening to their conversations… and needless to say it centered on woman.

“I would sleep with kind of woman… even if it is an elderly grandmother” one was saying as I joined the circle.

“I know… you look the grandmother f__king kind” another replied, “but me… I like them young.”

“For me… I will f__k only those more beautiful than wife” a third commented. The others sniggered.

“Come on… why not? We marry our wives because they are the most beautiful person in our eyes. So if I would really want to go after another woman, it would have to be someone more beautiful than my wife… so that I wouldn't have to regret if I have to pay compensation to my wife. At least I will have someone more beautiful than her” he justified.

We laughed. But I wondered… could it be true? I may not know for now but when I tie the knot… maybe I these words will show their wisdom to me.

No comments: